Please read the SHS Newsletter on this weeks activities including:
Today is the first day of Term 3. Any students wanting to make class changes must first pay the Finance office $10 and bring their receipt to the Counseling office.
Join us tonight, Monday, Jan. 14th at 6:0 0pm in SHS Auditorium for a parent night on anxiety. We will be showing the movie "Angst", a documentary that explores and raises awareness on anxiety in the lives of teenagers.
Boys and Girls Basketball will both play at Home on Tuesday, January 15th.
If you are interested in ALC or M-Tech we will be taking students on a tour to visit both facilities Tuesday, January 22nd. Please see Shaun Black in C-29 for any questions.
You still have time to order your beautiful Red Devil Floral Valentine’s arrangement available for pick-up or delivery.
On Thursday, February 17th, Nebo Shcool District and the Utah Parent Center will hold a free parent workshop on the Basics of Guardianship and Pro SE training. For any questions or to RSVP please contact Heidi Whittaker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pre-Registration is requied and can be filled out HERE.
- Nebo School District CTE Building 350 S. Main St, Spanish Fork: 6-9 p.m.
Please read the newsletter for all of this week’s announcements http://bit.ly/shsjan7nl.
- Today is last day for any sophomore needing to take the ACCUPlacer for a Concurrent Enrollment class next semester.
- End of term 2 is this Thursday, make sure you turn in any available assignments before your teacher’s cut-off date.
- Springville High’s Got Talent will hold auditions Thursday, January 10th, after school, in the Auditorium.
- There will be no school on Friday, January 11th, but the Girls and Boys Basketball team will both have home games on Friday starting at 3:30.
- Drill, Swim and Debate all have away competitions this weekend.
- Our Red Devil Floral has a beautiful rose arrangement just in time for Valentines, make sure you check it out!
Welcome back for the New Year! In the newsletter this week you will find information on:
- Athletic games and practices for upcoming sports.
- End of Term 2 is next week, make sure you log into SIS Aspire and check your grades and missing assignments
- Information for CE and class changes for next Semester
- Springville High's Got Talent will hold try outs next week
Students will be dismissed at 11:15am on Friday. School will resume Wednesday, January 2nd. There will be an hour long lunch on Thursday, December 20th. Please read the newsletter for information on concerts this week, sports information, and Concurrent Enrollment information for any Sophomore new to CE classes next term. http://bit.ly/shsdec17nl
There are several activities each night this week. Tonight is the Oakridge play at 7:00, admittance is free. Our students only need 108 more hours to receive an hour long lunch Thursday, Dec. 13th. The students have one last opportunity to log hours on Wednesday, Dec. 12th @ 3:00 pm in Cafeteria, to answer Santa letters. Both Boys & Girls Basketball teams have home games this week (Tuesday’s Boys Varsity game will be the Endowment game; everyone must pay for admittance). Baseball workouts start this week and there are Orchestra concerts at the Art Museum. These are just a few of the activities, please check the calendar and newsletter for more information on what is going on this week. http://bit.ly/shsdec10nl
If you are looking for somewhere to eat or an easy way to support programs at the high school, Springville High FCCLA is doing a simple fundraiser! Join us at the Orem University Parkway Chipotle for a fundraiser to support Springville High's FCCLA program. The fundraiser will be from 4:00pm to 8:00pm on December 8th. Bring in a flyer, show it on your smartphone, or tell the cashier you're supporting the cause to make sure that 33% of the proceeds will be donated to our FCCLA program!
http://bit.ly/shsdec3nl It’s Service week, hosted by Student Council. There will be service opportunities each day in the Cafeteria at 2:30. If the students log a combined amount of 600 hours of service there will be an hour long lunch on Thursday, December 7th. Important notice for Seniors: The counseling office has several transcripts waiting to be picked up by students. Students must pick up and postmark all Regents transcripts by December 7th for Regents priority. Tonight at 7:00 pm is the final showing of “Into the Woods”, you don’t want to miss it! There are several events each day this week, please look over the Newsletter so you don’t miss anything.
On Thursday, November 15, forty second year computer programming students from Springville High and the Advanced Learning Center toured a few technology companies in Lehi including Microsoft, Adobe, and Xactware.Activities included a presentation by Microsoft from their company programmers, a tour of the Adobe building, and lunch provided by Xactware. In the Spring, Xactware will host a 24-hour overnight code camp competition.Many of these students are also enrolled in UVU Concurrent Enrollment. These students receive college credit in their high school programming classes. Their teachers are Rob Eastmond (ALC) and Carey White (Springville High).